Monday 10 December 2012

THE WAY I DRESS: HENRIK LUNDQVIST

The Swedish NHL goaltender, Mr Henrik Lundqvist, tells us how he gets ready for a night on the town.

Leading the field in both sport and style is no mean feat, yet it's something that 30-year-old Mr Henrik Lundqvist can boast confidently. Looking equally at home in a tailored suit as he is in a hockey kit, this year Mr Lundqvist won the Vezina Trophy for best NHL goaltender and Most Stylish Athlete at the New York Style Awards. "I dress the way I feel comfortable," he says. "Coming from Sweden, I had a different style. I heard a lot of comments about my suits and skinny jeans. It was definitely a different look." While Mr Lundqvist's sporting achievements may seem rather effortless - he was named "King Henrik" after his rookie season and led Sweden to its second Olympic gold medal in the 2006 Winter Olympics - he reminds us that sartorial success comes with patience. "I learnt from my mistakes. You need a time in your life where you search for your answers." Hear more from Mr Lundqvist in our exclusive film below.

No comments: