Wednesday 21 November 2012

DUPĂ DEALURI (2012) BEYOND THE HILLS! & DESPRE OAMENI SI MELCI (2012) OF SNAILS AND MEN!

So, whether you've heard about Romania or not (at least on the news or something. if not, just click on 'Romania'), about Cristian Mungiu or not (winner of Palme d'Or in 2007 with 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days..I strongly like to believe that at least 2% of fashionspam readers watch quality films)..

Anyway, I totally forgot what I wanted to say, because all I can think about is the rain outside and the fact that I have to take my suit (I mentioned before) to the dry cleaner (And I DON'T trust dry cleaners)..

So (agian 'so'), no matter what I said before, just give Beyond the Hills (2012) a try! You might start watch Florin Piersic and Sergiu Nicolaescu films after..Haha, you have no idea who they are? Just google them..Have a good day!



My second recommendation is Tudor Giurgiu's comedy Of Snails and Men (2012). If you didn't know Mungiu, I'm pretty sure you have no idea who Tudor Giurgiu is. But you should definitely watch his Somewhere in Palulila (producer), Ursul (executive producer)LOVE SICK (one of my fav Romanian films). 

Now I REALLY need to go (to the dry cleaner, remember!?), so I'll leave you with the trailer (no subtitle, sorry. I'm sure you can find if you're interested) and IMDb's synopsis

1992, Michael Jackson's Dangerous tour comes to Bucharest but in the small city of Muscel, Romania one of the most important factories is being closed...



SORRY FOR ANY POSSIBLE TYPING MISTAKES.
I WILL RE-READ AND CORRECT THIS LATER!

No comments: